Steps you can take right now!
- Set up passcodes/passwords on computer and mobile devices
- Update passwords/passcodes to be stronger
- Add calendar reminders to change passwords/passcodes on a regular schedule
- Use a trusted Password Manager
- Ensure all operating system and third-party software stays up-to-date
- Gather up and shred financial documents that are no longer needed
- Sign up for paperless billing
- Lock my mailbox
- Set up a VPN so that I can be safe if I need to access personal accounts through public Wi-Fi.
- Update all privacy settings on my social networking accounts.
The content on this page is provided for informational purposes and is not intended to provide authoritative information security, data protection, or other professional or legal advice. Links to third party web sites and content do not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship by Computershare and Computershare does not represent or warrant that the contents of those web sites are accurate, compliant with any applicable law, or compliant with copyright or other intellectual property laws. Any reliance on the contents of a third party web site is at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance.
In case of any conflict between the English and Chinese versions of this fraud prevention site content, the English version shall prevail.