About the Direct
The Direct Registration System (DRS) enables you to hold your securities in “book-form” (i.e., electronic form) without having a physical certificate issued as evidence of ownership. Your securities are held in your name and registered electronically on our record-keeping system. If you hold your securities in DRS form you have all the traditional rights and privileges as you would if you held your securities in certificate form.
What are the benefits of participating in DRS?
- It avoids the significant cost and effort involved in replacing physical certificate(s) that are lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Eliminates the need for you to safeguard and store certificates.
- DRS will provide you with the option to take advantage of today’s modern, secure and cost efficient securityholding methods and will ultimately enable shorter settlement times in the future.
- Reduces the risk associated with the processing of physical securities, including turnaround delays, mail losses and counterfeit securities.
- It enables electronic security transactions between your broker or investment dealer and Computershare as transfer agent.
- It provides a full audit trail and history of all transactions.
Read more about the history of DRS.
Download the form you need to have your securities converted to DRS form.Download here