COMPUTERSHARE BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and we recognize the need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information (together, "PersonalInformation") that you share with us. Accordingly, we collect, process and disclose Personal Information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which we do business.
Computershare will always ensure that we handle your Personal Information, including SPDI (as defined below) securely and carefully. Your Personal Information and/or SPDI will only be used when it is necessary for us in delivering certain essential business functions and activities, including evaluating your candidacy for employment with Computershare. Computershare will not use your Personal Information and/or SPDI for purposes unrelated to the services we provide, subject to first obtaining your consent. In most circumstances the Personal Information and/or SPDI that we collect will be supplied directly by you.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Computershare collects from you, Personal Information as understood under the Information Technology Act, 2000 ("Act") read with the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 ("Rules"), and other applicable laws of India, only if you provide it voluntarily. It does not collect, use, store or retain sensitive personal data, as defined in the Rules unless you specifically consent to provide the same.
For reference, personal information has been defined under the Rules as any information that relates to a natural person which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
Under the Rules, Sensitive Personal Data or Information ("SPDI") of a person has been defined as such personal information which consists of information relating to,
- financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card;
- other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history; or
- biometric information.
The types of Personal Information that may be collected by Computershare include name, address and e-mail address, subject to the nature and purpose for which such Personal Information is so collected and more information is included below.
The collection of Personal Information and/or SPDI shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Computershare. Personal Information and/or SPDI shall not be collected indiscriminately. Both the amount and the type of information collected shall be limited to that which is necessary to fulfil the purposes identified.
Computershare does not collect Personal Information and/or SPDI about you when you visit the Website unless you volunteer to provide that information to us. However, our Website may not work without routing information and certain essential technical information. Failure of your browser to provide nonessential technical information will not prevent your use of our Website but may prevent certain features from working. For any optional information that is requested at the Website, failure to provide the requested information will mean that the particular feature or service associated with that part of the webpage may not be available to you.
Personal Information from potential candidates
For applicants seeking a position with Computershare, we will use the following information about you to process your application:
- Personal details such as your full name (and any maiden or previous name), current and previous addresses, nationality, date of birth, marital status and dependents, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and passport, driving licence, national identifier, ethnic origin and disability details;
- Details of your emergency contact(s);
- Details of your employment circumstances such as your current role, salary, pension, benefits information;
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a resume or cover letter or as part of the application process);
- Bank account details (account number and bank name);
- Information from fraud prevention agencies
- Information from law enforcement and crime reference agencies; and
- Information from credit reference agencies.
Why do we collect Personal Information?
We collect and use Personal Information and SPDI, where applicable, for purposes including:
- validating your identity;
- identifying you when you contact us;
- performing credit checks;
- performing criminal records checks;
- carrying out background and reference checks;
- assessing your suitability for a role (including checking you are legally entitled to work in the country you have applied for a job in);
- to deal with requests you send us;
- to respond to your queries;
- for internal record keeping including records relating to our hiring processes;
- to create a professional and an informative working environment for our employees and provide benefits such as medical insurance with ease;
- to monitor the security and use of information technology systems;
- to monitor and report compliance with applicable legislation and regulations;
- to deal with any complaints or legal claims;
- to protect against fraud or theft; and
- to customise the Website according to your location,
If you fail to provide the information when requested which is necessary for us to consider your application (such evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require a credit check or references for this role and you fail to prevent us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
At any point of time, Computershare does not sell any information that it may collect from potential candidates. Computershare may use and disclose the Personal Information that it collects in general and from this Website for any lawful purpose that it considers appropriate.
Computershare will not share your Personal Information and/or SPDI with third parties that Computershare knows will use the information to contact you to promote products and services offered by the third party.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
For applicants at Computershare, to enable us to process your application and enter into an employment contract with you we will share your personal data with:
- Other Computershare group companies;
- Non-Computershare companies to whom we outsource the delivery of some of our services;
- Non-Computershare companies who help us with administrative services, including printing, mailing and IT services;
- Non-Computershare companies who help us with pre-employment screening and background checking;
- Credit reference agencies;
- Secure information storage and destruction providers;
- Our legal or other professional advisors, including our auditors;
- Public bodies (such as law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities or tax agencies);
- Fraud and crime prevention agencies (including CIFAS in the UK); and
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice.
How do we collect Personal Information?
Personal information is collected by Computershare in a number of ways including:
- information voluntarily given by you at the time of applying for employment with Computershare;
- if you create an account on our website; or
- through your IP address to ensure that you are protected against any unwanted theft or fraud.
How long will we retain your Personal Information?
For unsuccessful candidates, we will retain Personal Information for a period of 3 years. For successful candidates, we will retain your Personal Information in line with our current Global Employee Data Retention Policy.
Accessing your information
You may ask for a copy of the Personal Information and/or SPDI we hold about you by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correcting your information
We try to ensure all of your Personal Information and/or SPDI is accurate. If you find any inaccuracies or if your details change, please notify us promptly and we will correct them.
Erasing or restricting use of your information
You may ask us to erase or restrict use of your Personal Information and/or SPDI. If you do, we will comply with your request unless there is a legal reason for us not to (for example, if a law says we must retain records for a fixed period and to do so we must retain your Personal Information and/or SPDI).
Where the legal basis for us processing your Personal Information and/or SPDI is that you have given your consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you do so we will stop processing your Personal Information and/or SPDI promptly.
Law and order
We cooperate with law enforcement authorities, as well as other third parties to enforce laws dealing with intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information, including SPDI, about you to law enforcement and other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability or any political action.
Other information collectors
Security and confidentiality
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any Personal Information and non-personal information contained in those databases. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of Personal Information and/or SPDI collected in the past without the consent of relevant users / individuals.
Unless otherwise specifically noted, the copyright in all images, text and material on the Website belongs to and vests solely and exclusively with Computershare. Unauthorised reproduction of any text, image or other material without the prior written permission of Computershare in any form whether printed or electronic, is strictly prohibited and violations will be prosecuted to the full extent permitted by law.