Administration Team of the Year
The prestigious Jersey ICSA Awards event was held on 29 September 2017 and we were delighted to win the award for 'Administration Team of the Year'. The Jersey ICSA Awards are an annual event which celebrates the achievements of ICSA students and members.
ICSA Jersey gave the award to the team which:
"demonstrated a mastery of the complex legal and regulatory environment and plays an added-value role in the governance of the organisation. The judges recognised initiatives which have contributed to emerging best practice in the pursuit of good governance in an administrative role".
Some of our Client Management team were lucky enough to be at the event to collect the award. Dominic Newby, Michael Le Gresley, Liz D'Monte and Ana da Costa collected the award on behalf of the Trust company, with Sophie de Freitas and Linda Rabet collecting from the Jersey Share Registry business.
Why we won the award
We entered the award on behalf of our Channel Island's Share Plans and Share Registry Client Administration teams, who work with a FTSE listed client, and one of the leading providers of online financial retail services in Russia.
Our project with the financial retailer included some challenging obstacles including:
- dealing with Russian data protection issues
- jurisdictional tax compliance across the EU, UK and Russia
- appointing a custodian for the Global Depositary Receipts (GDRs) whose services were Euroclear compatible
- acting in both a nominee and discretionary Trustee capacity in relation to the operation of the company's complex Long Term Incentive Plan (LTIP) and post-vesting nominee vehicle
Our administration team collaborated with our cross-border services specialists from Global Capital Markets to research and open a bespoke custody account for the GDRs. They also worked with our in-house tax and legal teams to make sure the Trust structure was compliant with Russian data protection and cross-border tax regulations, as well as other multi-jurisdictional requirements.
Winning this award is a great recognition for the effort that both our administration team and our client have invested in this project.
We were also shortlisted for four other awards:
- Corporate Services Team of the Year
- Administrator of the Year - Lisa Garrett, Head of Trustee Client Services
- The One to Watch - Stewart Daynes, Senior Trust Administrator
- The One to Watch - Chloe Phillips, Trust Administrator