At Computershare, we believe that environmental responsibility is part of doing business successfully. We are committed to acting in an environmentally friendly manner wherever possible and actively seek to do so throughout our global business operations and activities.
We've recently undertaken a review and refresh of our sustainability principles to make sure we're continuing to do all that we can to be responsible environmental stewards for ourselves and our clients.
We're focused on reducing our impact in five core areas:
- Climate. Our facilities use efficiency-enhancing systems and devices where possible and employ green energy technology where viable. All sites have awareness campaigns for employees and strong recycling programs. In addition, our employees are encouraged to minimize travel by making full use of technologies that can reduce the need for fossil fuel vehicles.
- Waste. Computershare employees do not have individual waste baskets at their desks, which encourages the use of office-wide recycling bins. We also have strict recycling programs in place for e-waste (computer parts, toner cartridges, batteries, etc.) and commercial waste at our production facilities.
- Workplace. Computershare strongly encourages that paper printing be kept to a minimum and tracks printing to identify problem areas.
- Purchasing. Wherever possible, we work with vendors whose environmental philosophies reflect our own, including the use of specific language on sustainability in our service contracts. We only purchase paper from sustainably managed forests and strive for all consumer products available in our offices to be Fairtrade.
- Sustainable communities. Computershare dedicates itself to addressing poverty through its Change A Life program. This initiative fosters our focus on sustainability by investing in projects that provide long-term solutions to the communities involved. Computershare matches all donations made by employees.
You can learn more about our sustainability initiatives on our website. Clients who want to know more about our sustainability practices are encouraged to reach out to their relationship manager.