We are committed to our global community

Computershare has a long history of community involvement and is committed to community engagement through volunteer and fundraising programs based in areas local to our business. We support and encourage our staff to participate in community activities by providing everyone with a volunteer day each year.


Change A Life - Our global community giving program

​Globally, Computershare is dedicated to supporting initiatives which help alleviate poverty through our community giving program, Change A Life. Below are some figures on our impact so far:

9395812 AUD raised
16 projects completed
13 different countries

Change A Life has a focus on sustainability by investing 80% of donations in global projects which provide long-term solutions to the communities our employees vote to work with. The remaining 20% of donations go to local projects via established charities, chosen by our local employees. Computershare matches all employee payroll donations.

Our current projects

World Youth International
On September 14, 1999, WYI opened Nepal’s first primary and secondary school, in honour of the late Robert Hoey, with a small group of 24 students. 18 years later, more than 550 students are attending the school, and it has been recognised as one of Nepal’s leading learning institutions. The school is in Gokarna, approximately 1 hour drive from Kathmandu.
Read more
Come-Share education programme
Come-Share, our project in Sri-Lanka, assists students from low-income families to complete their high school education and undertake other post-secondary education and training to further their employment prospects.
Read more

Trek Nepal 2019

In November this year, 22 Computershare employees from Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong will come together for Trek Nepal 2019.

They will be heading to the Annapurna Region, one of the most diverse and popular trekking areas in Nepal. To find out more about this year's trek and make a donation, follow the link below.

​We have invested in these causes


​Supporting local charities

We allocate 20% of Change A Life donations to local causes, with employees in each region deciding which charity to support. We also encourage employees to be personally involved in these projects through allocated volunteer days each year.

 Our local charities are:

Learn more about our past projects

​Our employees look back on Trek Nepal 2018